We have two meetings in June. On Saturday, June 8th, we have a beginner group at our home starting at 2 p.m.. If you don’t know where we live please just email us at email@example.com. It is open to everyone but we don’t want to put our address on the web.
There is also a regular jam on Sunday, June 23rd at Chuckles Jacks in Smiths Falls. We will be there at 5:30 p.m. for dinner and the music will start at 6:30 p.m.. Bring your daily Ukulele Books if you have them.
Due to an expected small turnout we are moving the meeting to our home from 2 to 4 p.m. If you can make it and you don’t know the address just send us an email or comment.
The LUGS opens its new season trying a new day of the week and a new time but with the same location!
Meet us on SATURDAY MAY 25th at 1 p.m. for lunch and 2 p.m. for JAMing. Bring your ukuleles and your Daily Ukulele books. Most people have the books, so if you don’t… you can always share.
Where? Chuckles Jack Restaurant in Smiths Falls. (located down by the canal in the Comfort Inn)
It’s that time of year when ukulele players start looking for places to play where their fingers don’t get cold. With this in mind, the Lanark Ukulele Group (LUGs) will be moving South to Florida and become the SLUGs (South Lanark Ukulele Group) for the winter.
See you in Fort Myers for now or back in Lanark in May!!!!
Are you getting excited to meet at our LUG Jam on Sunday, November 11, 2012? Bring your ukes! Come sing-a-long. Once again, CHUCKLES JACK in Smiths Falls will be hosting our LUG JAM night. Join us at 5:30pm for dinner or slip by at 6:30pm for drinks and fun when the JAM begins!!
Since this Jam falls on REMEMBRANCE DAY this year, the songs will be mostly of the War Time era.
Songs to practice from the DAILY UKULELE book are:
- Ain’t We Got Fun? [p17]
- Amazing Grace [p21]
- Around the World [p26]
- Baby Face [p31]
- Bill Bailey [p35]
- By the light of the silvery Moon [p43]
- Deep in the Heart of Texas [p64]
- Edelweiss [p75]
- Enjoy Yourself [p76]
- Far Away Places [p79]
- Five Foot Two [p82]
- For Me and My Gal [p84]
- Glow Worm [p95]
- It’s only a Paper Moon [p133]
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart [p145]
- My Blue Heaven [p169]
- Que Sera Sera [p192]
- Red River Valley [p195]
- Sentimental Journey [p205]
- Shine on Harvest Moon [p209]
- Side by Side [p210]
- There is a Tavern [p236]
- Walkin my baby [p254]
- Yes Sir, that’s my baby [p278]
- You are my Sunshine [p279]
Please PRINT UP the following songs from our PRINTABLE SONGS page on this website:
- Abadaba Honeymoon Abadaba Honeymoon
- Beer Barrel Polka Beer Barrel Polka
- Chattanooga Choo Choo Chattagnooga Choo Choo
- I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts
- Don’t Fence Me In Don’t Fence Me In
- Ma…He’s Making Eyes at Me Ma He’s Making Eyes_I’m looking over a four-leafed clover
- White Cliffs of Dover White Cliffs of Dover
- Lili Marlene Lili Marlene
- Kiss Me Goodnight/Bless Em All Kiss Me Goodnight_Bless Em All
- Pack up your troubles/Tipperary Pack up your troubles_ Tipperary
- The Band Played On The Band Played On
- Tennessee Waltz Tennessee Waltz