We will be holding our next jam on Monday, February 15st, 2021 at 7:00 PM. While we will just miss Valentine’s Day that doesn’t mean we can’t sing about love.
We look forward to someday being able to hold our jams in person but as per the new normal we will be holding the Jam virtually utilizing Zoom. A couple of things to things to keep in mind about using Zoom:
- We encorage you to download the Zoom client in advance of the Jam and test your system in advance.
- In order to experience the best sound it is advisable to use headphones or add external speakers to your system. ( Many people find the volume too low from their system’s built in speakers). Headphones are preferable because they reduce the risk of echo and feedback.
- When we are running through one of the songs of the set we will be muting everyone with the exception of the person leading the song. This unfortunately is the only way to ensure everyone can experience the music properly through the Zoom system. In order to ensure everyone is able to enjoy the song please mute your system if you find it is not muted.
- Between songs if you would like to speak or clap please feel free to unmute your system. Please make sure your system remains muted however if you are playing your ukulele or talking to your pet. This ensures that others will not be interupted.
- We will be sharing the chords and lyrics during the zoom session. You can resize and reposition the window if you find it is difficult to view on your system.
- The details for the Zoom session (meeting ID and password) can be found on our Facebook site. If you don’t have access to Facebook we also can send them out to you in advance of the jam. Please just email LanarkUkuleleGroup@Hotmail.com.
For those that would like to practise the music in advance you can find a PDF of the set here:
We also make the set available for those with an iOS device and OnSong via an OnSong archive. You can download the set archive through this link.
We hope you can join us. Happy Strumming!
|Eight Days a Week||Beatles||C|
|Love Potion Number 9||Leiber/Stoller||Am|
|Love Me Tender||Robert Buckner||C|
|I Just Fall In Love Again||Larry Herbstritt, Steve Dorff, Harry Lloyd, and Gloria Sklerov||C|
|I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do||Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus and Stig Anderson||C|
|My Guy||Smokey Robinson||G|
|Like a Hurricane||Neil Young||Am|
|Blue Moon||Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart||G|
|Reconsider Me||Warren Zevon||Bm|
|I Have To Say I Love You in A Song||Jim Croche||C|
|Silly Love Songs||Paul McCartney||C|
|I Can See Clearly Now||Johnny Nash||D|
|Tie A Yellow Ribbon ‘Round The Ole Oak Tree||Irwin Levine and L.Russell Brown and Recorded by Tony Orlando and Dawn||G|
|Why Don’t You Love Me Like You Used To Do||Hank Williams||C|