We will be holding our next jam on Monday, March 1st, 2021 at 7:00 PM.
We look forward to someday being able to hold our jams in person but as per the new normal we will be holding the Jam virtually utilizing Zoom. We usually start the Zoom session around 6:45 for a chat and catchup followed by the jam at 7:0 PM.
A couple of things to things to keep in mind about using Zoom:
- We encorage you to download the Zoom client in advance of the Jam and test your system in advance.
- In order to experience the best sound it is advisable to use headphones or add external speakers to your system. ( Many people find the volume too low from their system’s built in speakers). Headphones are preferable because they reduce the risk of echo and feedback.
- When we are running through one of the songs of the set we will be muting everyone with the exception of the person leading the song. This unfortunately is the only way to ensure everyone can experience the music properly through the Zoom system. In order to ensure everyone is able to enjoy the song please mute your system if you find you are not muted.
- Between songs if you would like to speak or clap please feel free to unmute your system. Please make sure your system remains muted however if you are playing your ukulele or talking to your pet. This ensures that others will not be interupted.
- We will be sharing the chords and lyrics during the zoom session. You can resize and reposition the window if you find it is difficult to view on your system.
- The details for the Zoom session (meeting ID and password) can be found on our Facebook site. If you don’t have access to Facebook we also can send them out to you in advance of the jam. Please just email LanarkUkuleleGroup@Hotmail.com.
For those that would like to practise the music in advance you can find a PDF of the set here:
We also make the set available for those with an iOS device and OnSong via an OnSong archive. You can download the set archive through this link.
We hope you can join us. Happy Strumming!
|I Walk the Line||Johnny Cash||G|
|San Francisco Bay Blues||Eric Clapton||G|
|Let Me Be There||Olivia Newton-John||C|
|Just an Old-Fashioned Love Song||Paul Williams||C|
|A Piece of Glass||Lyle Dillabough||G|
|Sweet Baby James||James Taylor||G|
|Turning Toward the Morning||Gordon Bok||G|
|Good Morning Starshine||Galt MacDermot, James Rado and Gerome Ragni||C|
|Take A Chance On Me||Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus||A|
|My Love||Petula Clarke||C|
|It’s Hard To Be Humble||Mac Davis||C|
|Maybe Baby||Buddy Holly||C|
|Ramblin’ Man||The Allman Brothers||A|
|I’m My Own Grandpa||Ray Stevens||C|
|The Lion Sleeps Tonight||Harry Belafonte||C|