We look forward to someday being able to hold our jams in person but as per the new normal we will be holding the Jam virtually utilizing Zoom. We usually start the Zoom session around 6:45 for a chat and catchup followed by the jam at 7:00 PM.
A couple of things to things to keep in mind about using Zoom:
- We encorage you to download the Zoom client before the Jam and test your system in advance.
- In order to experience the best sound it is advisable to use headphones or add external speakers to your system. ( Many people find the volume too low from their system’s built in speakers). Headphones are preferable because they reduce the risk of echo and feedback.
- When we are running through one of the songs of the set we will be muting everyone with the exception of the person leading the song. This unfortunately is the only way to ensure everyone can experience the music properly through the Zoom system. We ask that you help by muting your system during a song should you notice that you are not muted.
- Between songs if you would like to speak or clap please feel free to unmute your system. Please make sure your system remains muted however if you are playing your ukulele or talking to your pet. This ensures that others will not be interupted.
- We will be sharing the chords and lyrics during the zoom session. You can resize and reposition the window if you find it is difficult to view on your system.
- The details for the Zoom session (meeting ID and password) can be found in the event information on our Facebook site. If you don’t have access to Facebook, let us know and we can send them out to you in advance of the jam. Please just email LanarkUkuleleGroup@Hotmail.com.
While we will be sharing the chords for those that would like to practise the music in advance you can download a PDF of the entire set from here:
For those with an iOS device running OnSong, you can find a copy of the set OnSong archive here.
March 29th SET
|Chapel of Love||Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich and Phil Spector||C|
|Don’t Be Cruel||Otis Blackwell||G|
|Me and Bobby McGee||Kris Kristofferson||G|
|Sunny Skies||James Taylor||G|
|Come Rain or Come Shine||David Francey||C|
|Never on a Sunday||Original by Manos Hadjidakis as “Ta Pedia tou Pirea” (The Children of Piraeus)||E|
|You Got It||Roy Orbison||D|
|My Heart Skips A Beat||Buck Owens||C|
|Crying||Roy Orbison and Joe Melson||F|
|Blue Skies||Recorded by Willie Nelson||Am|
|Settin’ The Woods On Fire||Hank Williams Sr.||G|
|The Maid On The Shore||Stan Rogers, 1976, adapted from traditional Irish||Am|
|You Can’t Hurry Love||Holland–Dozier–Holland||G|
|You’re So Sweet, Horseflies Keep Hangin’ Round Your Face||Neil Diamond||C|