Spring is in the air!
We hope you can join us at our upcoming jam on April 25th. We continue our jams online via Zoom.
The jam is open to all! Please feel free to forward this on to anyone who would enjoy the music!
A couple of things to things to keep in mind about using Zoom and our virtual jams.
- We do a lot of setup and tuning of our equipment prior to the jam to offer the best sound we can. We sometimes have issues and we thank everyone for their patience as we work to resolve anything that happens.
- In order to experience the best sound it is advisable to use headphones or add external speakers to your system. ( Many people find the volume too low from their system’s built in speakers). Headphones are preferable because they reduce the risk of echo and feedback.
- During the jam when we are playing a song we will be muting everyone with the exception of the person leading the song. This unfortunately is the only way to ensure everyone can experience the music properly through the Zoom system. Please mute your system if you find it is not muted while the music is being played. You can also use the Zoom chat feature to communicate during the jam.
- Between songs if you would like to speak or clap please feel free to unmute your system. Please make sure your system remains muted however if you are playing your ukulele or talking to your pet. This ensures that others will not be interupted.
- We will be sharing the chords and lyrics during the zoom session. You can resize and reposition the window if you find it is difficult to view on your system. We also make it possible to download chord and lyrics prior to the jam so that you can practise the set in advance. Most people find they get the most out of the jam by going over the music in advance.
- We start the Zoom meeting at 6:45 PM. This gives everyone a chance to say hello and work through any issues prior to the start of the jam. We start strumming at 7:00 PM. The usual set is about 15 songs and we typically finish playing around 8:00 PM.
Hope to see you there!
Zoom Jam Information:
Time: Apr 25, 2022 07:00 PM America/Toronto
Meeting ID: 829 3094 7245
We provide the chords and lyrics in several different formats. Most systems can read PDF files and the set in that format can be downloaded here:
For those people with an iOS device with the OnSong app, you can download a copy of the set archive here.
For those with other song viewing software we have linked a ChordPro version of the songs to the Set List song title.
|Walking With Spring||Joe Mailander and Justin Lansing||C|
|Maybe Baby||Buddy Holly||C|
|Happy Together||Garry Bonner and Alan Gordon||Am|
|That’s Alright, Mama||Arthur Crudup||A|
|If Not For You||Bob Dylan||C|
|From Me To You||Paul McCartney and John Lennon||D|
|Have You Ever Seen The Rain||John Fogerty||C|
|The Things We Do For Love||Graham Gouldman, Eric Stewart||Am|
|The Winding Stream||The Carter Family||C|
|Rhythm Of Love||Tim Lopez||C|
|Livin’ In The Woods In The Trees||Blaze Foley||C|
|Like a Hurricane||Neil Young||Am|
|Blown Away||Jeff Lynne||D|
|Blue Bayou||Roy Orbison and Joe Melson||G|
|You’re So Sweet, Horseflies Keep Hangin’ Round Your Face||Neil Diamond||C|