Some LUG members are wanting to take a look at the Song List for October’s Jam.
- Beginners – We will be doing some songs from the Albany Ukulele Song Book. There are 61 pages…so get your ink and paper filled up. Terrific for beginners!
- The Daily Ukulele Book – see the previous posting in September for a list of the songs that we will be looking at. This will be our main song source.
- Bring along your September songlist in your binder. Never know…someone may want to play a favorite from that list as well.
Happy UKING…and we’ll see y’all soon!
We will be using some songs from, THE DAILY UKULELE. If you would like to get a copy of this book, it is available at http://www.amazon.ca
You can certainly check out your local music stores as well.
Welcome to ALL! Come and join us!
Here are some of the songs we’ll go through at October’s Jam:
Are You Lonesome Tonight?, Ain’t We Got Fun?, All my Loving, Aloha ‘Oe, Around the World
Blowin’ in the Wind, Brown-eyed Girl
Cabaret, Chapel of Love, Crazy
Daydream Believer, Deep in the Heart of Texas, Don’t Worry, Be Happy
Five Foot Two
Hard Day’s Night, Hey Jude, Hukilau Song
I’m Henry VIII, I am, I saw her standing there, I walk the line
King of the Road
Me and Bobby McGee, My Blue Heaven
Rawhide, Rock around the Clock
Save the last dance for me, Side by Side, Song Sung Blue, Stand by Me
These boots are made for walkin’, Twenty-six miles
***We will supplement this list with other songs. Bring along your September song lists too!
We hope to soon have more beginner songs available for printing up on this website. Stay tuned!!
We had another terrific time. Just look at the pictures on the Photo Page.
The dinners and drinks were prompt and tasty! We had new members with new ukuleles! We had a banjolele in attendance and Jim came with his double bass to give us a bottom end!
We are really looking forward to October 14th now! Stay tuned for the October Set List.
Good news! We had a conversation with the Chuckles Jack staff regarding a more expedient way of getting dinner served. There are three improvements:
- Last time they only had one cook on. Now they will have two.
- From now on when you arrive go to the bar and order your food there. Then take a seat.
- The lunch menu will be at the bar and you can now order from it. See you on Sept 9th!
By the way, the waiter has a request. Can we please play “Hey Jude”? Apparently he is coming back from New Brunswick early to be at work for our meeting!
Members have found a problem when trying to download some of the songs for our next “Set List”. The links to the songs from Salem Ukes.com are coming up with ERROR. Until we can get this figured out, you can go to the place we found them. The links at their own web site work. Just:
- Click the links to the Salem Song Books you see just to the right of or below this message (depending on your operating system).
- When you click on a song book, it will move to the left side of the page where you click on it again.
- This will give you the list of songs. Click on the song you want and it will come up where you can view, print, or save it.
The songs you need from Salem Ukes are:
1. Rockin’ Robin
2. Take me Home, Country Road (in C)
3. The AbaDaba Honeymoon
4. The Ballad of Davey Crockett
5. This Ole House
6. Wooden Heart
7. Hey Good Lookin’
8. I Walk the Line
9. Raindrops keep fallin’ on my head
Welcome to our new website! Although we are still building the site please enjoy what we have now.